Thursday, September 10, 2009

Big Steps


We Survived!  First day of school for Logan went pretty good.  He even made it through his first fire drill without any trouble.  He enjoyed most of the activities and participated in most of them, in his own way.  We'll see how day two goes today.  It's gonna be even stranger today, since I'll be at work late and won't be able to see him off to school or pick him up.  Fortunately he has the best big Brother ever!  Mac looked for Logan at recess and came to help pick him up after school.  He's so happy that his little brother is at school with him.  

For the two pictures I posted today, the one of Logan (below) had the least amount of post processing done to it.  I liked it as a picture on it's own, so I didn't want to do too much to change it.  I like the story the big step he's taking tells to me.  The only adjustment I did was to the contrast of the image.  The B&W of Mac was a different story.  The image was a little awkward to process due to backlighting.  The sky is still really washed out, but I'm happy with the rest of it.  I had to create several masked layers to adjust curves in the background, the forground and around his eyes, as well as the conversion to black and white.  To me Mac looks like he knows something I don't.









I know something...Big Steps!
Camera:Canon Rebel XTCanon Rebel XT
Lens:18-55mm18-55mm
Focal Length28mm21mm
Apeturef4f13
Shutter Speed1/2001/400

1 comment: