Saturday, March 19, 2011

Family in Colour


        Yesterday I posted three of my photos from my shoot on the weekend.  Those shots I chose to process in Black and White for various reasons.  Todays shots are the ones I chose to process in Colour.  I find colour processing a little trickier to get the result I'm looking for.
       When processing in black and white it is easy to make very big adjustments and still have the resulting photograph look good and interesting.  In colour everything has to be a little more subtle.  I tend to choose photos for colour processing that are very well lit (which all of these were thanks to Ryan and his awesome knowledge and equipment) and have some sort of bright colour in them that I want to bring out.
       From there the choices are nearly endless.  Do I want a high key photo?  Vivid Colours? Maybe something a little more subtle?  It's a very organic process and where with a black and white image I tend to go into the process with a vision of what I want, colour tends to be exactly the oposite.  I have the photo and then I start playing around with it until the feature I want to showcase looks right.  It's far from a science, and hopefully you guys see it as I do...art.




No comments:

Post a Comment