Monday, July 12, 2010


Yeah, I know...It's been over 6 months since my last post. I honestly don't know what happened. Well, ok, I kinda do. I do a bit of hibernating in the winter months, I get very worn out and just don't have the energy for much creativity. Since spring hit though I've been itching to get back to it, but for some reason I just didn't. The main reason is that I just haven't been shooting anything new that I felt like posting. I was in a creative slump, just couldn't capture an image that I felt anyone would care to look at. I think even my last few images from last year felt a little flat creatively, at least to me. I think that I lost confidence in the shots I was producing and my ability to capture the magic of a moment...

Well, Baby I'm BACK! I forced myself to go out and shoot for a few hours today, and I'm going to try to do the same every Monday just as an exercise. I'm hoping that I'll fall back in love with it if I just start doing it again. Honestly I did a little bit today. I had a fun time shooting...with the exception of the scary hobo lookin guy that came up behind me on the train tracks while I was taking a few shots. I must of jumped a few feet off the track when he said "hi".

I also had a lot of fun processing these. I was a little rusty and maybe it shows, but I just kind of let my fingers keep clicking til the image felt right. With the Last 3 shots Mackenzie actually became my "creative director" and told me how he wanted the shots to look. I think he did a kick ass job on them, so thanks Bud!

Anyhow, enjoy the shots and I should see you in no more then a week.

Dan




1 comment: